[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-Users] mailman user password

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Fri Aug 7 16:46:27 CEST 2009

*shimmied over to mailman-devs* (from -users)

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 10:33:06AM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> It kind of sucks that there are so many other Mailman command line
> scripts, which is one reason why I've always put them in a separate
> Mailman specific bin directory.  With MM3 though I intend to use a
> 'subcommand' approach so that there's only one 'mailman' command.
> Think things like 'mailman listmembers foo'.  I'll probably keep
> mailmanctl separate though I haven't decided about that yet.

Would it too much to ask for the 'old' (read 'current') scripts/commands
to be aliased: at least in the first few releases?

    e.g., for 'list_members' to link to 'mailman listmembers'

Perhaps as an install/configure/compilation option?
    "Create old-style links?"
    --old-style-links

(maybe that's more for people who package: ISTR a couple of packagers
are on list, yes?)

(wonders how many other people have scripts that would need re-writing
otherwise...)