[Mailman-Developers] Headers in administrative messages

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Oct 11 01:31:51 CEST 2008

--On Friday, October 10, 2008 1:31 PM -0700 Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>
wrote:

> Kenneth Porter wrote:
>
>> It might be nice to get the List-id header in messages to the
>> administrator. I have a spam white-listing rule for list messages and
>> I'm  finding some of my auto-discard notifications are ending up in my
>> spam  folder instead of my administrator folder because they lack the
>> list id  pattern I use to white list.
>

> The List-Id: header should be there. The other List-* headers are not
> included, but List-Id: is.
>
> What specific message is missing this header?

Ah, I misdiagnosed it. The message, an auto-discard notification, indeed
had the list headers, but the message remained so spammy (even after -10
for the list-id and -5 for my auto-white-list), that it still exceeded 5
points and got wrapped in a SpamAssassin report that doesn't propagate the
list headers into the wrapping message.

Sorry about the noise.