[Mailman-Developers] webui templates or not?

Frank Schubert f.schubert at espresto.com
Thu May 8 14:32:37 CEST 2008

Hi all,

the plans in
http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/TemplatingNotes
and
http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/StyledPages
sound great, but mean a lot of work.

For example there is options.py with functions for rendering output named
options_page and loginpage.

options_page supports the old template mechanism using options.html
However loginpage has hard-coded tables including "BGCOLOR" and such ugly things.

I don't know if someone is still working on the new template mechanism and I couldn't find any changes on options.py either.
(What I think is fundamentally necessary for a complete template mechanism.)
(I looked in http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.2/files and http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/3.0/files)

So my plan is:
For a customer I want to customize more than the standard pages (for example the function loginpage from options.py).
I will use the old template system (like in function options_page in options.py), using new template names like <SCRIPT>_<FUNCTION>.html
As I think this is useful for others it could maybe be merged in mailman.

So what do you think, is it a waste of time because code for the old template mechanism will never get merged?

I'm looking forward to your suggestions.

bye,
Frank

--
Frank Schubert
Systemadministration
f.schubert at espresto.com

HRB 77554 AG - Berlin-Charlottenburg
Vorstand: Alexander Biersack, Maya Biersack, Peter Biersack
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Oli Kai Paulus