[Mailman-Developers] Errors in 2.1.10 and 2.1.10.rc1

Eric Dynamic ecsd at transpacific.net
Sun May 4 00:31:26 CEST 2008

The error arose in 2.1.10rc1 and so I tried to downgrade the version to
a stable one, 2.1.10.
I get the same error:

Updating mailing list: academicchoice
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./update", line 789, in <module>
    errors = main()
  File "./update", line 679, in main
    errors = errors + dolist(listname)
  File "./update", line 192, in dolist
    mlist = MailList.MailList(listname, lock=0)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 130, in __init__
    self.Load()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 632, in Load
    dict, e = self.__load(file)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 605, in __load
    dict = loadfunc(fp)
ImportError: No module named e

I had an older version (maybe 2.1.5) on machine A which was being
blocked by AT&T,
so I installed the later version 2.1.10rc1 on machine B and copied the
"lists" and "archives" contents over to machine B. The system continues
to produce references to machine A in the web code, and finally I see I
have to run

withlist -l -r fix_urls

but that fails with the same "No module named e" error. We're running
python 2.5 on FreeBSD 6.2. I desperately need to fix the lists as they are
active and people are hosed until I can. I would make the changes manually
if I knew what "fix_urls" does; I changed the domain name inside the files
lists/*/config.pck but that didn't help. I'm not using any virtual-host
stuff.