[Mailman-Developers] Intern

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Wed May 7 11:23:23 CEST 2008

--On 6 May 2008 14:23:53 -0400 Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org> wrote:

>> I plan to get LMTP working to my taste, by (a) rejecting messages
>> for non-existent lists at RCTP time, and (b) rejecting messages from
>> unwanted sender addresses at RCPT time. I Think (a) will be easy to
>> achieve, and (b) only slightly more challenging.
>
> This sounds great.  With (b) there could be multiple list-specific
> policies, so we should make this pluggable.

The intention is to get the policy from the list. The simplest way to do it
would be to treat "reject" as an SMTP time reject, rather than a bounce. At
my site, at least, I would not offer "bounce" as a choice if smtp rejection
is available.

Indeed, we currently recommend that list owners don't use "reject".

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex