[Mailman-Developers] Intern

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Fri May 2 16:59:31 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have an intern coming to work for a couple of months in the summer.
Neither of us will be python experts, but part of the point is to learn,
right?

I'd like him to work on some aspects of Mailman 3.

I plan to get LMTP working to my taste, by (a) rejecting messages for
non-existent lists at RCTP time, and (b) rejecting messages from unwanted
sender addresses at RCPT time. I Think (a) will be easy to achieve, and (b)
only slightly more challenging.

So, I'm after ideas for what to do next. I'm vaguely thinking about (c)
integration (which will probably begin from working up a specification for
exactly what that means), and possibly (d) user interface design for end
users and list admins.

Any suggestions for (c) and (d) or alternative areas that need some focus
would be useful.

Also, can you give me pointers to a good place to learn about doctest,
please?

Finally, is there any overview documentation for developers new to the
Mailman architecture?

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex