[Mailman-Developers] before next release: disable backscatterin default installation

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Wed Mar 26 02:47:32 CET 2008

On Mar 25, 2008, at 1:18 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>> You are missing the point. Of course you can inform of a delivery
>> problem, but only when you really need to do it. Every organisation
>> should know of every recipient within their authority. You should
>> know
>> the recipient if you accept a message for delivery from outside
>> your domain.
>
> Says who?  There is nothing in the standards that says so.  And if you

Again, you are welcome to do this.  Please sign your systems up to
the appropriate blacklists and save us the time.

> That is *not* the way Internet mail is designed to work.  Mail, like

The Internet of 1990, yes, you're right.  I was there.  By 1993
everyone was already changing course, and by 1997 the Internet you're
talking about didn't exist any more.  Move along.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness