[Mailman-Developers] before next release: disable backscatter in default installation

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Tue Mar 25 02:37:38 CET 2008

On Mar 4, 2008, at 6:00 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> In any case, it's hard to sympathize with your claim of urgency.
> Mark's intention to release 2.1.10 has been known for many months.
> This proposal comes on the eve of release.  Code changes to implement
> it can, and should, wait for the next release.

What?  I'm sorry, but Mailman has been blamed for backscatter for
like 3 years going now.  This problem has been well known for long
before 2.1.10 was even dreamed of.  I am asking that the developers
start paying attention *NOW*.

If the problems aren't going to be solved before 2.2, then we're
going to put Mailman in the same bin as qmail and say that using it
is a violation of the AUP.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness