[Mailman-Developers] before next release: disable backscatter in default installation

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Tue Mar 25 02:28:15 CET 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 9:58 AM, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> Here's the list of valid actions from mm-handler:
>
> @ValidActions = qw(admin bounces confirm join leave
>                    owner request subscribe unsubscribe);
>
> Which ones should be left enabled?

In my experience, none of them.  I've got a 1k+ list server running
without any of these actions enabled, and have never had a problem
with it.
   (obviously you also have to patch the headers added to list e-mail
to not reference these names)

Naturally, if you have someone who really does do list admin by e-
mail (very rare) then you could leave one of these enabled for them.
As long as an e-mail without any proper actions is dropped.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness