[Mailman-Developers] Documentation status?

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Tue Mar 11 05:44:09 CET 2008

On 6-Mar-08, at 2:18 PM, Jason Pruim wrote:
> I've been watching this thread with interest and would like to help
> where I can... I don't know Python, so I can't exactly help program,
> but I've been told I can translate technological info into something
> the normal person could understand. So what do I have to do to start
> helping? :)

Hi Jason!  Sorry it took me so long to get back to you -- been a busy
week!

So, what I'd suggest you do first is hook yourself up with a wiki
account, look around at the documentation that's currently on the
mailman website, and import all of it into the wiki.  Try to figure
out what's up to date and what isn't and make it obvious.   Try to
figure out nice ways to organize it.  You know, all that stuff. :)
Maybe import all those FAQ entries somehow, or at least lay out a
structure so someone else can just cut and paste.

This accomplishes two things:

(a) we have more nicely organized and linked docs that are easier to
edit (I really think this is the most important documentation task on
the table at the moment)

(b) you will have a good idea of what documentation we have and where
the gaps are, so you'll be able to figure out what documents you want
to work on writing as a next phase to this!

Sound appealing?  I'm sure I can come up with other ideas if this
isn't up your alley, but if you can translate technical info to
humanspeak, you'd probably do a great job organizing stuff in a way
that real people can actually find the information they want. :)

  Terri