[Mailman-Developers] before next release: disable backscatter indefault installation

Eino Tuominen eino at utu.fi
Mon Mar 10 19:21:18 CET 2008

Kenneth Porter wrote:

> Another approach is to dump the valid users list periodically using a
> Windows-based LDAP app and then copy that to the OSS front end MTA for
> validation. Check the MIMEDefang list archives for howto.

A bit off topic, but why not run the LDAP app on the OSS system? Or
better yet, have front end MTA to query LDAP (AD) directly.

About the original question, +1 for a more thorough LDAP integration and
LMTP.

BTW, we have written a couple of utilities to integrate Mailman with
Sun's Messaging Server. Another is an MTA wrapper (MTA/Ldap.py) to
publish mailman aliases in an LDAP directory, and the other one is a
channel program for JES to feed appropriate messages to the Mailman
wrapper. And we also have UtuMemeberships.py to authenticate users with
our email address against LDAP.

Is there any public interest for those?

--
   Eino Tuominen