[Mailman-Developers] Web UI redux

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Wed Mar 5 14:36:08 CET 2008

yOn Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 05:57:42PM -0500, Ethan Fremen wrote:
> Barry said in an earlier message that there's no web UI for mm3: my
> first impulse is to start on something there.

I'm interested in working on a REST-style interface for controlling
Mailman.  One thought: should the web UI be written atop such a REST
interface?  Pro: it would nicely enforce decoupling the UI and the
Mailman engine, and be a good test that the REST interface supports
enough functionality.  Con: adds an extra layer.

(A sketch of the REST interface is in the wiki at
http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/REST+Interface .  It's written from
the 2.1/2.2 point of view; I don't know if mm3 reworks the basic
objects so much that the REST interface no longer applies.)

--amk