[Mailman-Developers] before next release: disable backscatter indefault installation

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Mar 5 11:33:14 CET 2008

--On 4 March 2008 17:08:52 -0800 Jo Rhett <jrhett at netconsonance.com> wrote:

>> If the former, then you must object to DSNs
>> from MTAs as well. If the latter, that is planned to be addressed in
>> Mailman 2.2.
>
> Of course we object to DSNs from MTAs.  No shipping mailserver
> currently sends DSNs to accepted mail by default.  Most of them
> haven't for like 10 years.  And yes, we absolutely ban qmail from use
> unless the person patches it to the moon to solve its problems.

+1

The one reason that I'm looking for an alternative to Mailman is the lack
of adequate integration with MTAs, which means that there is no sensible
thing that I can do with suspected spam. What I need to be able to do is
reject it at SMTP time, based on list post permissions and other
configuations - I need to be able to query the configuration from my MTA
(Exim).

Holding for moderation and discarding are not adequate solutions, but
holding for moderation by default would be a good intermediate step.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex