[Mailman-Developers] before next release: disable backscatter in default installation

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Tue Mar 4 23:49:34 CET 2008

On Mar 4, 2008, at 2:44 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Which "next release"?  2.1.10, which is deep into beta at this point?
> I would strongly oppose any substantial change in default behavior for
> the 2.1.10 release.  It is way too late for that.

This is not substantive, it's trivial.  This change has a zero chance
of affecting legitimate traffic to existing sites.  It would only
affect new installations.

However, it's significantly relevant to the thousands of people
receiving backscatter from mailman hosts every day.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness