[Mailman-Developers] Fwd: How To change queue process method

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jun 7 06:01:06 CEST 2008

Maickel Pandie wrote:

>Thanks Mark and Ian for your suggestion,
>I want ask again,
>1. Is queue runners like Incomingqueue runner so I have to make more
>Incomingqueue runner?
>2. How can I made more queue runners?

For 1. and 2. read the section of Defaults.py under the heading

#####
# Qrunner defaults
#####

Since you started this thread by talking about optimizing delivery to
the outgoing MTA, I think you'd be most concerned with OutgoingRunner.

>3. Can I make more queue pipe so incoming email is deliver to pipe
>depend on their size and domain destination?

Incoming mail delivery is done by the MTA. Any splitting of incoming
mail beyond slicing IncomingRunner would need to be done by the MTA.

>4 If I bombard my mailing list server using email stress test can I
>make a lot of waiting process in queue?

Maybe, except the things that wait in the queues are messages. The
processes are the qrunners and their number is fixed..

You could also just stop Mailman, deliver a lot of mail and then start
Mailman.