[Mailman-Developers] Fwd: Feedback for mailman developers

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Feb 9 05:20:19 CET 2008

Adrian Bye writes:

 > I don't know the specifics.  I just told the developer to remove
 > all headers which identified mailman as mailman.

Well, could you ask him which they were?  It matters.

BTW, a look at the patch suggests it's incomplete; I couldn't find any
templates for headers and footers, nor documentation for how to
generate the 1-click unsubscribe button.

 > When we did this, mail got into the inbox.  We tested this
 > definitively and the mailman headers was the difference.

Sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Mailman or Mailman lists
have bad reputations per se.  The big email providers are known to
have screwed up MTAs and filters that do not conform to the relevant
standards in ways that "just happen" to misidentify legitimate use of
certain headers by Mailman as spammer spoor.