[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.1.10 has been released

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Apr 22 17:44:03 CEST 2008

Brad Knowles wrote:

>Going back to Jun 12 23:48:51 2007, it looks like we've had a total
>of about 378,989 unparseable messages, although we only have just
>over 8000 messages in the mailman/qfiles/shunt and
>mailman/qfiles/shunt.old directories (7759 .psv files, and 312 .pck
>files).

There are two reasons why you've had 378,989 unparseable messages, but
only have 7759 .psv files.

First, some of the unparseable .bak files that 2.1.9 left behind in
qfiles/in may have been removed or moved aside.

Second, whenever Mailman was restarted, any qfiles/in/*.bak files would
have been reprocessed resulting in a flood of unparseable message
errors and leaving just one new .bak file per message. Thus a single
message and .bak file could have been responsible for several logged
unparseable message errors if Mailman had been restarted several times.