[Mailman-Developers] GNU Mailman Site Redesign

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Mon Apr 21 14:47:35 CEST 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 09:01:38PM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Confluence does support getting a dump of its pages in XML format,
> which I've done.  I'm leery of publishing the url widely though
> because I haven't had a chance to look through it, so I don't know if
> there is any sensitive information in there.  Andrew, I'll send you
> the url if you want to take a look.

I've looked through it and it's straightforward to pull out the text
of wiki pages; the complicated task would be converting them from
Confluence's wiki markup to MoinMoin.  The dump does include a list of
users, their e-mail addresses, and hashed versions of their passwords,
so you shouldn't post it publicly.

Do you want me to actually start working on this conversion, or are
you still deciding whether to use some alternative?  It would be a
good impetus to make me upgrade python.org to MoinMoin 1.6.  (No rush
here; it would probably be a few weeks before the upgrade can be
completed because I can't work on it this week.)

--amk