[Mailman-Developers] Google Summer of Code - Spam Defense

Eino Tuominen eino at utu.fi
Wed Apr 2 19:07:56 CEST 2008

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Barry Warsaw writes:
>  > Mailman to something like SpamAssassin.  One of course would be a
>  > fairly simple handler to recognize SA headers and do the appropriate
>  > thing.
>
> Why have a Handler when you can already use header scanning in the
> privacy filters?  Ie, isn't this a documentation or UI problem rather
> than a Handler problem?

I agree, it's a UI problem. What I'd like is that privacy/spam
administration page had two checkboxes for "Filter obvious spam" and
"Filter propable spam" (or smthng like that). These would be handled
internally like spam filter regexp, only difference would be that those
regexps would be configured in mm_cfg.py. And there shouldn't be Reject
as a possible action for these rules.

In mm_cfg.py site admin could enable/disable/hide these and set default
actions for these rules.

That way list admins could easily e.g. discard obvious spam messages and
hold probable ones.

--
   Eino Tuominen