[Mailman-Developers] mta integration

Gordon Messmer gmessmer at u.washington.edu
Thu Oct 18 00:21:08 CEST 2007

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Everything is done by the handler modules in Mailman/Handlers.
> IncomingRunner processes the message by calling the process() function
> of each module in the GLOBAL_PIPELINE list in turn until the pipeline
> is exhausted or a handler raises an exception.
>
> See the definition of GLOBAL_PIPELINE in Defaults.py and the
> SpamDetect.py, Approve.py, Moderate.py and Hold.py handlers in
> particular.

Thanks.  I got a chance to look at this today.  Since I only need an
indication of whether or not the message will be rejected by mailman, I
believe that I can use SpamDetect and Approve directly.  However, I'd
need to make sure that messages aren't held as a result of the
examination.  I'm not sure yet whether it'll be less ugly to make a
work-alike function from Moderate.process(), leaving out the Hold bits,
or perhaps import Moderate, and then replace Hold therein with one that
does nothing.  Any thoughts before I start?