[Mailman-Developers] The Approved: header in MM3

Paul Wise pabs at debian.org
Wed Oct 3 11:51:46 CEST 2007

On 10/3/07, Ian Eiloart <iane at sussex.ac.uk> wrote:

> > 1. We can drop the concept altogether.
>
> Sounds reasonable to me.

I've used it before as a site admin to mail lists saying that the list
will be closed for whatever reason (since it supports using the site
password to approve stuff).

Personally, I think a combination of 2, 3 & 4 - each user can set a
GPG/etc key or a password they use for approving messages. Then MM
would check the signature and or the Approved psuedo/header against
the key/pass of the users who have high enough privileges (site
admins, site staff, list admins, list moderators, etc).

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise