[Mailman-Developers] status of backscatter prevention?

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Fri May 4 21:39:46 CEST 2007

I remember a number of threads about backscatter prevention, but I
don't remember the result.  Perusing the archives isn't much more
enlightening.   Where are we on this?

In particular, other than removing all but one of the aliases, have
we made it easier for people to run a backscatter proof list?
Meaning that all subscribe, unsubscribe, etc are done on the web ui
and nothing in the server automatically responds to e-mail other than
legitimate list mail sent by subscribers?

I also remember discussions about honoring SpamAssassin headers to
detect spam.  Status of this?

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness