[Mailman-Developers] Feature request: Reply-To Munging etc.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 9 18:07:47 CET 2007

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>Dan MacNeil writes:
>
> > Stephen J. Turnbull quoted out of context:
> > > I see your point, but why won't my suggestion of defaulting the per
> > > user no-dupes to "on" do fine from that point of view?
>
> > For my selfish purposes, "no-dupes" off is a better default setting.
> > Without a copy of the message to their mailbox, many of my users will
> > keep sending the same message because it "didn't go".
>
>Are you thinking of not-metoo?

I think Dan must be thinking of not-metoo, but note that even ensuring
that not-metoo is off won't do the job for gmail users thanks to
gmail's 'feature' of not showing 'duplicate' messages.

BTW, just for the record, the Defaults.py setting for
new_member_options for a new list (DEFAULT_NEW_MEMBER_OPTIONS) is
no-dupes.