[Mailman-Developers] Feature request: Reply-To Munging etc.

Sven Anderson sven at anderson.de
Thu Mar 8 15:39:15 CET 2007

Stephen J. Turnbull, 07.03.2007 18:30:
> Sven Anderson writes:
>
>  > > IIRC, if the user sets their subscription to "no-dupes", that user's
>  > > address will be removed from the addressee list, as well as from the
>  > > list of addresses that Mailman actually distributes to the post to.
>  >
>  > I just checked this to be sure, but only the latter is true. The user's
>  > address stays in the To/Cc header.
>
> Hm.  I know both are true for my lists (Mailman 2.1.5).

Mine is 2.1.6.

>  > And anyway, that's not what I want. I want an option so that the addressee
>  > list is cleaned up, no matter if the users wants duplicates or not.
>
> Ah.  You don't care what your users want.  I can't argue with that.

Of course I care, that _is_ what _my_ users want. You have to distinguish
between the option if the user wants to receive duplicates (what he/she
still can choose) and the proposed list-wide option, if addresses of list
members are removed from the To/Cc headers (not from the distibution list
though!) If the users chooses to receive duplicates, he still gets them in
form of a Bcc.

Cheers,

Sven