[Mailman-Developers] Mailman roadmap

Thijs Kinkhorst thijs at debian.org
Mon Jul 9 16:06:13 CEST 2007

On Saturday 7 July 2007 18:35, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Mailman 2.1 is (shockingly) four and a half years old, having been
> initially released on 30-Dec-2002.  The last release in the series,
> 2.1.9 was made almost a year ago.  In the meantime, Mark and Tokio
> have been doing a great job maintaining the 2.1 branch, with several
> important patches in the tree now that will eventually become
> 2.1.10.  The problem of course is that we can't add any new features
> to the 2.1 family <wink>, so we should be thinking about a new major
> release.

These sound like sensible plans and I'm curious about what 2.2 and 3.0 will
bring. However, my question is whether we can expect some 2.1.x releases in
the short term (like 2.1.10 you mentioned). As you say it will take quite
some while for 2.2 to be released, and we'd like to get the fixed bugs in the
2.1.x branch to our users in the meantime.

Regular 2.1.x releases with assorted fixes would be welcome to not scare users
away from Mailman while we're waiting for the "big" releases.

thanks,
Thijs