[Mailman-Developers] Improving the archives

Jeff Breidenbach jeff at jab.org
Thu Jul 5 06:48:30 CEST 2007

>In which case [the message body link] would be set to something like.
>
>http://third-party-service/msgid?002701c4eb3d$07170ca0$3142003e@ADSL

Just for fun, I did a trial implementation. It works, but the URLs are
too long.
For example, the URL below spends 59 characters on the messag-id, and
27 characters on the listname. We're  already over my comfort level (of
about 72 characters) and haven't even started to count the hostname, and
other URL-lengthening overhead. Maybe this was a bad idea after all.

http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mailman-developers%40python.org&q=e03b90ae0707041230m47110705t89cdbe3d2e4802cd@mail.gmail.com

Jeff