[Mailman-Developers] dkim-signature headers

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Feb 7 17:49:49 CET 2007

Barry Warsaw writes:

 > What should MM2.1 do now?  Here's a proposal for 2.1.10: Add an
 > mm_cfg.py variable that controls whether DKIM headers are stripped or
 > not.  I think Mark suggested that this should be a site-wide
 > variable, and I tend to agree.

I've expressed my reservations regarding list-specific issues like
internationalization (especially random 7<->8 bit transformation), but
on the one hand we don't have any practical experience showing it's
needed, and on the other hand turning site-wide Mailman options into
list-specific options is well-understood.  Ie, it's a YAGNI until
proven otherwise.

What about the default?  My strong inclination is don't strip, and
word the docstring to discourage stripping.