[Mailman-Developers] dkim-signature headers

Jon Scott Stevens jon at latchkey.com
Fri Feb 2 17:04:56 CET 2007

A nice alternative to DKIM signatures...

On Feb 1, 2007, at 8:22 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

I really don't see what the point of DKIM signatures are on an
internal Cisco mailing list. You either work for the company or you
don't. If you can't verify a message came from someone you work with,
then there must be something wrong with your network. I surely hope
that isn't the case at Cisco(TM).

Using StartTLS (RFC 2487) is a much less intrusive way to wrap and
transport messages securely.

This all smells like Cisco(TM) trying to force their spec's on
Mailman. I don't see an other mailing list products on this page...
http://www.dkim.org/deploy/index.htm

There is no guarantee that a mailing list isn't going to modify the
content of a message.

+1 to strip DKIM headers.

jon
http://subetha.tigris.org/