[Mailman-Developers] Major updates to Mailman 3.0 branch

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Sat Aug 4 07:30:26 CEST 2007

On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 04:25:07PM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> I've just merged in my 'setuptools' branch to the official Mailman 3
> branch.

> Also gone are the C wrapper programs, so Mailman is now a pure
> Python application.

I suppose that means that all architecture-dependent code is gone?

> All the packages Mailman depends on live in the Cheeseshop (...).
> And now that we're a setuptools-based project, when you build
> Mailman (see below), these dependent packages will be automatically
> downloaded and installed as necessary.

With the hat of distribution packager hat on, we will need a way to
disable that mechanism. To be sure that our automated builds are
self-contained and will _not_ access the network in any way. Is there
any way to do that? I didn't find an option for that in "python2.5
setup.py --help".

--
Lionel