[Mailman-Developers] Improving logging

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Fri Apr 27 18:23:07 CEST 2007

--On April 27, 2007 12:04:40 PM -0400 Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> I just started a wiki page to collect thoughts about improving
> logging in the next version of Mailman.  Please feel free to comment
> in the page if you have specific goals for improved logging.
>
> http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Improved+Logging

I don't see any way to comment, I assume one must register for an account.
In any event I've always disliked a single application "needing" some 10
odd different log files.  Worse, correlating data between them is nearly
impossible.  To me it's never made any sense for any application to need to
log to a multitude of files.  1-2 is usually more than enough.  The
situation as it is now would be like apache logging each hit in three or
four different logs with differing pieces of information.