[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-Users] OS X & Mailman & Python

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Thu Sep 28 04:19:02 CEST 2006

--On Wednesday, September 27, 2006 10:09 PM -0400 Barry Warsaw
<barry at python.org> wrote:

> I'm not up on the development/release plans of RHEL.  When do you
> think they might release a version with Python 2.4 support?  The same
> kind of goes for OS X, which ships with Python 2.3 on Tiger.  I have
> no idea what Leopard will ship with, but I'd have to hope that it
> would be at least 2.4.x if not 2.5.x.

RHEL5 is in beta. It currently has python-2.4.3 (humorously, the RPM is
still called python-2.4.3-14.fc6). As I said, _I_ don't care about mailman
on RHEL4 (I run it on Solaris x86 as I like servers that don't crash), I
just wanted to raise the issue. Feel free to say "legacy OS, legacy
mailman". But keeping 2.3 support for future 2.1.x security/bugfix releases
would be a good idea.

--
Carson