[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-checkins] SF.net SVN: mailman: [8041] trunk/mailman/Mailman

Bob Puff@NLE bob at nleaudio.com
Wed Sep 27 05:01:05 CEST 2006

Tokio Kikuchi wrote:

> Postfix.py: got duplicate warning while creating virtual-mailman.
> Shouldn't we include hostname in aliases? Otherwise, true virtual
> hosting breaks.

the virtual file should indeed contain the hostname.  The aliases file should not.  These are two
separate files, both of which are necessary.

Example:

data/virtual-mailman:
mailman at nle.com              mailman
mailman-admin at nle.com        mailman-admin
...etc...

data/aliases:
mailman:             "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"
mailman-admin:       "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman admin mailman"
...etc...

Both should be created, and both should be deleted when the list is removed.  Currently, this is not
the case.

Bob