[Mailman-Developers] Patches in mandriva package

???? tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Tue Sep 12 12:38:36 CEST 2006

Tokio Kikuchi wrote:

>    ToDigest.send_digests() can block regular delivery.  We put the
>    send_digests() calling part in a try/except clause and leave a message
>    in the error log if something happened in send_digests().  Daily call of
>    cron/senddigests will provide more detail to the site administrator.

I noticed this may lead to yet another DoS for digest delivery.  The
malicious (non-compliant MIME) message may cause other digest deliveries
to stop as long as the malicious message remains in the digest.mbox
file.  I created a patch for this situation and uploaded in the patch
area of SF:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1556858&group_id=103&atid=300103

I think I will commit in the Release-2.1-maint branch and include in the
2.1.9 final release.  I appreciate anyone can review the patch.

At this point of writing, I should note 2.1.9(rc1) has no known
vulnerablities by which this patch is required.

--
Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi@ is.kochi-u.ac.jp
http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/