[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-Users] Index Listing of mail lists

stephen at xemacs.org stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Oct 11 08:40:33 CEST 2006

Mailman-Users trimmed.

Brad Knowles writes:

 > At 10:49 AM +0900 10/11/06, <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:

 > >  Mailman Developers: Is the web code set up so that so that admins
 > >  could fairly easily assemble these UI widgets into a page that suits
 > >  their usage?

 > Nope.  It's all hard-coded.

Well, at least the hard code is already done!  I love it when I get to
do the easy part!<wink>

 > We can't wait to see the code you're going to contribute to do this.  ;)

I wouldn't spend effort on waiting if I were you; I'm thinking in
terms of Mailman 3.

But if you're in that big of a hurry, you can check out my xre.py from
cvs.xemacs.org, the XEmacs/xemacs-builds/stephen module.  It was
somewhat inspired by this idea.  The web announcement part is a little
bit pipelined, and the overall structure is a pipeline.  But it's a
personal tool, so it's **real** crufty.

It's not obvious to me that it would be all that hard to do; what I
was hoping for was for some people to chip in with "that's probably
going to work, you'll just have to keep finding the stuff that needs
to be in the interface, which will be tedious but do-able", or
inversely, "you're hosed, because we really can't get away with
building these certain pages in a pipeline like that."