[Mailman-Developers] Sender field

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue May 2 03:11:42 CEST 2006

James Ralston wrote:
>As a result, we have a continual stream of
>subscribers who are accidentally hosing their subscriptions (causing
>them to be suspended or removed) by accidentally replying to Mailman's
>bounce processing address in the Sender header.

This should only be happening if Mailman's VERP delivery is enabled so
the Sender is "list-bounces+user=users.domain at lists.domain. In the
non-VERP case, a post or reply should be an 'unrecognozed bounce' -
still a major annoyance for the admin who elects to see unrecognized
bounces, but at least not a problem that disables the user.