[Mailman-Developers] Bug? Refused subscription confirmation

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 17 17:56:01 CET 2006

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>Giuliano wrote:
>>
>>On 17 Mar 2006, at 06:37, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>>> I agree that it's a bug, but I think the primary bug is in an MUA that
>>> is generating a reply to mail
>>>
>>> From: smith at home.example
>>>
>>> and addresses it
>>>
>>> To: "smith at home.example" <smith at home.example>
>>>

>>Not exactly, it does only add the local_part and without quotes.
>

>But does it ever do it in the case we are concerned with? Namely where
>the message is
>
>From: list-confirm+string_of_hex_digits at example.com.
>
>Note that the original regexp works as long as the MUA added stuff
>doesn't contain '+'.

To clarify, yes I see in the OP that the added 'real name' only
contains the local part, but it was quoted in the OP, so does or does
not the MUA put quotes around it?

In any case, I've tested

VERP_CONFIRM_REGEXP = r'(.*<)?(?P<addr>[^+]+?)\+(?P<cookie>[^@]+)@.*$'

against various forms, with and without quotes, and I think it's good,
but I'd still like more feedback.

I'v also tested all these:

VERP_CONFIRM_REGEXP = \
VERP_CONFIRM_REGEXP = r'^(.*)?(?P<addr>[^+]+?)\+(?P<cookie>[^@]+)@.*$'
VERP_CONFIRM_REGEXP = r'(.*)?(?P<addr>[^+]+?)\+(?P<cookie>[^@]+)@.*$'
VERP_CONFIRM_REGEXP = r'?(?P<addr>[^+]+?)\+(?P<cookie>[^@]+)@.*$'

and only the first works (for cookie, but not addr). I'm not sure why
the second and third don't work, but they and the fourth all give

    raise error, v # invalid expression
sre_constants.error: nothing to repeat