[Mailman-Developers] Bug? Refused subscription confirmation

g dev+lists at humph.com
Fri Mar 17 11:18:14 CET 2006

On 17 Mar 2006, at 06:37, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> I agree that it's a bug, but I think the primary bug is in an MUA that
> is generating a reply to mail
>
> From: smith at home.example
>
> and addresses it
>
> To: "smith at home.example" <smith at home.example>

Not exactly, it does only add the local_part and without quotes.
I have tested your regexp for a "regular" reply and it works. Of
course it does not work with that buggy format (wherever one consider
the bug to be...) and the fixed version is below.

it is too specific as I said. This works instead:

VERP_CONFIRM_REGEXP = r'^(\s*.*)?(?P<addr>[^+]+?)\+(?P<cookie>[^@]+)
@.*$'

This was checked against many formats and  probably the simpler and
less reduntant:

VERP_CONFIRM_REGEXP = r'^(.*)?(?P<addr>[^+]+?)\+(?P<cookie>[^@]+)@.*$'

would work too. Or even:

VERP_CONFIRM_REGEXP = r'(.*)?(?P<addr>[^+]+?)\+(?P<cookie>[^@]+)@.*$'

as I do not see the point of checking for the line beginning.

Giuliano