[Mailman-Developers] Hi! I'll be your intern for the summer :)

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 29 11:46:44 CEST 2006

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2006, at 1:47 AM, David Lee wrote:
>
> > One of the things on the TODO list:
> >    http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/todo.html
> > is:
> >     Allow lists of the same name in two different virtual domains
> >
> > (i.e. "thislist at somedom.com" and "thislist at otherdom.org", where
> > "thislist"
> > and "thislist" are the same name).
>
> I've started working on this in my 2.2 branch, but haven't ironed out
> all the details yet.  It's a top priority for me, but there are some
> gotchas.  I still think it's doable.

Many thanks.  That would be greatly appreciated.  We are a multiple-domain
site (one main, about thirty much smaller), making the transition from
majordomo to Mailman.  In general, Mailman is a huge improvement, but this
lack of true multiple-domain support is a significant retrograde aspect in
our transition.

Is there an estimate of likely timescale for 2.2 ?  (Yes, I know these
things slip!  But approximate: two months?  six months?  a year?)  When
you get to the beta stage, I would hope we could offer to try it.

Thanks.

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:                                           Durham University     :
:                                           Durham DH1 3LE        :