[Mailman-Developers] Hi! I'll be your intern for the summer :)

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Wed Jun 21 10:47:47 CEST 2006

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, emf wrote:

> Ian Eiloart wrote:
> [...]
> >    d) When creating an list, I'd like to be able to choose an umbrella
> > for it to live under, and have it inherit privacy settings from that
> > list.
>
> This is great; I'm not sure I can do all that without writing a fair
> amount of under-the-UI code.

Going slightly off to one-side...

One of the things on the TODO list:
   http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/todo.html
is:
    Allow lists of the same name in two different virtual domains

(i.e. "thislist at somedom.com" and "thislist at otherdom.org", where "thislist"
and "thislist" are the same name).

I suspect that most of this functionality would likewise be "under-the-UI"
and so not directly related to your "work on the Web UI" brief.

But it would be worth bearing this in mind so that your code could
interwork as near as reasonably possible with any future virtual-domain
developments.  For instance, when your code passes processes a "listname"
consider also having a "virthost" sitting alongside it, even if, for the
moment, that is null, or default or always-the-same etc.

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:                                           Durham University     :
:                                           Durham DH1 3LE        :