[Mailman-Developers] Mailman on a cluster

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Jun 8 14:21:51 CEST 2006

On Jun 8, 2006, at 7:30 AM, Ian Eiloart wrote:

> OK, so I have to figure out how to configure the slices to avoid
> clashes, but still won't gain anything until I figure out a backup
> scheme. I have failover between cluster members, so that should be
> doable. On the other hand, I might just live with the downtime -
> cluster members don't tend to go off line for more than a few minutes.

In that case, the complexity of reconfiguring a backup may not be
worth it.  The worst that will happen is that that machine's slice of
messages will have to wait a few minutes before getting processed,
and since mail delivery order is never guaranteed anyway (iow, the
delay could have happened anywhere else along the trail), it's
possible the delay in bringing the cluster member back up won't be
noticeable.

> Thanks Barry. I feel like I know what I'm doing now!

That makes one of us! :)