[Mailman-Developers] 2.1.8 documentation mismatch

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Jun 7 19:24:26 CEST 2006

At 9:26 AM -0400 2006-06-07, Barry Warsaw wrote:

>  I think that will be problematic, given the wide variety of MTA
>  extension frameworks.

	It's not just the MTA extension frameworks, it's also the myriad
of things that Mailman may choose to do or to look at when deciding
what to do, based on content in the message.

	I don't think it's feasible to completely re-write Mailman, or to
completely re-write the MTAs, so that each of them has a deep
integral understanding of all the nuances and complexities of the
work that is being done by the other.

	Short of doing a rewrite on that scale, I suspect that we're
going to continue to have these kinds of problems for some time.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755