[Mailman-Developers] Bounces, Pickles, Coding Styles Oh My

emf i at mindlace.net
Mon Jul 24 19:53:15 CEST 2006

Calloo Callay!

So I'm spelunking about. I don't like the way the current UI doesn't
tell the admin about bounciness of users, so I was looking to see what
is known.

After some non-trivial meditation on BounceRunner.py I think I know the
difference between verp_probe and verp_bounce, despite not quite knowing
what VERP means, the comment string for the two functions being
identical, and the bodies of them being identical as well save a tiny
little memory stanza.

Would someone be willing to change verp_probe's docstring to more
clearly illustrate its function?

Also, I'm finding a fair number of files that aren't pep8/styleguide.txt
happy. anyone care if I at least correct tab/space mixing, and/or make
it otherwise style-guide correct?

As much as I appreciate the principles of code-hiding, it's been a bit
of a pain to use the interpreter to figure out what is stored in a pickle.

Since I can't read the pickle file with my eyes, perhaps a little less
obscuration might be OK?

Like,

list.members['i at mindlace.net'] doesn't work. In fact, I can't find any
function that gives me a member in its entirety.

It would help me if I could just see the underlying data; any
suggestions on how?

~ethan