[Mailman-Developers] Integrating Mailman with a single sign-onservice

Xueshan Feng sfeng at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 18 03:33:47 CEST 2006

Alisdair,

I have done Webauth using Stanford WebAuth (http://webauth.stanford.edu)
for Mailman package.

Basically users can signup using any form of valid @stanford.edu
address, and I use Stanford Directory to map the name to a user's id.
This information is kept in the mailman mailing list's pickle db, as an
additional dictionary field. Python codes
under /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi  are  changed so that if a person use
@stanford.edu address, they are redirected to webauthed page for
suoptions, surosters, admin, suprivate archives etc.

I can make the patches (40+) or the Mailman Debian package that has
Stanford webauth patches, and local configurations available if any one
is insterested. It won't work for others as is, but at least you can
take a look at one of the ways to do webauth integration.

I am new to the list and am not sure what's the best way to share this,
but you can always contact me in person.

Xueshan
Xueshan Feng (aka. Susan Feng)

Shared Services, ITSS
Stanford University, CA 94305-3090