[Mailman-Developers] Turning off dynamic JavaScript

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Jul 4 19:59:59 CEST 2006

Ethan wrote:

> Note that this would be in *addition* to the ability to get a JS-free
> version of the interface by using a different URL prefix for any user
> agent that doesn't want the JS action.

Speaking only for myself, this is not the kind of approach I'd like to see
used.  I'd prefer to see the web application auto-detect that JavaScript
is not available, and therefore to automatically present the appropriate
non-JavaScript interface.  Likewise, it should auto-detect that there is a
screen reader being used, and present the appropriate screen reader
compatible interface.

Of course, the manual options should always be there, but if we're forcing
the user to manually select a different page in order to get away from the
JavaScript stuff, then I think we're doing something wrong.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755