[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-1416853 ] Jan 14 change toHandlers/SpamDetect.py isincomplete

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jan 28 03:45:41 CET 2006

Tokio Kikuchi wrote:

>OK, Barry.  I've come up with this patch (for the current CVS).
>If its OK, I want to start up for the release of 2.1.8a1.

The pass through of the 'hold' action if the message is to -owner seems
right to me, but discarding instead of rejecting a 'reject' action if
the message is to -owner seems wrong.

I think we should not change the disposition for a 'reject' action. The
rule can be for lots of purposes, not just spam and if the owner has
configured the rule to reject the message, I don't think we should
discard it just because it is to -owner and not to the list.

I have one idea for 2.1.8a1 before we wrap it up. I'll address that in
a separate post.