[Mailman-Developers] Dealing with DomainKeys and DKIM

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Jan 15 18:41:29 CET 2006

Camberwell wrote:

>i have added that line to my mm_cfg.py and it works perfectly thankyou
>very much. sorry i'm not brilliant at python but how might i go about
>removing the signatures in ToOutgoing.py. your first solution works fine
>for me as my list will never be anonymous so thanks again

You could add the following (watch out for wrapped lines)

    # Remove any "DomainKeys" (or similar) header lines.  The values
contained
    # in these header lines are intended to be used by the recipient to
detect
    # forgery or tampering in transit, and the modifications made by
Mailman
    # to the headers and body of the message will cause these keys to
appear
    # invalid.  Removing them will at least avoid this misleading
result, and
    # it will also give the MTA the opportunity to regenerate valid keys
    # originating at the Mailman server for the outgoing message.
    del msg['domainkey-signature']
    del msg['dkim-signature']

immediately following the line

def process(mlist, msg, msgdata):

in Mailman/Handlers/ToOutgoing.py.

Note to developers:

It seems we should move this from Cleanse.py to ToOutgoing.py for
exactly the reasons expressed earlier in this thread, but I'm a little
uneasy about mucking with headers in ToOutgoing as that isn't its
purpose. Any comments?