[Mailman-Developers] Dealing with DomainKeys and DKIM

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Jan 15 17:10:26 CET 2006

Brad Knowles wrote:

>	Did you check Mailman version 2.1.7?  It was released recently
>and I believe that handling DomainKeys/DKIM was one of the things
>that was addressed.

Brad is correct, but it is addressed exactly as described in the OP,
namely by modifying Cleanse.py to delete 'domainkey-signature' and
'dkim-signature' headers from the message.

The problem with this is that 'Cleanse' is not in OWNER_PIPELINE so the
headers don't get deleted from messages to listname-owner.

There are a couple of possibilities to address this. The first is easy,
but wrong. Add

OWNER_PIPELINE.insert(1,'Cleanse')

to mm_cfg.py to add 'Cleanse' after 'SpamDetect' in OWNER_PIPELINE. The
reason this is wrong is that if a list is anonymous, the owner will
have to refer to the 'post' log to find out who the message was from
as Cleanse will replace From: and Reply-To: with the list address and
remove Sender: and X-Originating-Email:.

A better idea is to remove the 'domainkey-signature' and
'dkim-signature' headers in ToOutgoing.py which should get them out of
all messages.