[Mailman-Developers] Postfix/virtual-mailman not compatible when using dedicated destination (like "localhost")

Joe Peterson joe at skyrush.com
Tue Dec 5 15:12:50 CET 2006

Thanks guys - I have never messed with LMTP.  It looks like it indeed is
appropriate for local delivery (I am starting to read up on it now).
I'll have to do some more Postfix experimenting!

I do not have Mailman 2.2 installed on my mail server (I am at 2.1.9),
so I cannot try it out immediately, but I will keep this in mind, and I
*think* it is a way to solve the issue I have, especially if LMTP would
be better to use even for my non-mailman virtuals anyway (I'll play
around with this).

However, if the only reason to use LMTP would be to allow Mailman's
virtual stuff to work (and if there are disadvantages to using it), I
could imagine that having a config variable for a destination domain
might still be useful for non-LMTP cases (again, I need to study LMTP a
little more).

	-Joe