[Mailman-Developers] Fwd: suggested improvement for Mailman's bounce

gail.trac at verizon.net gail.trac at verizon.net
Mon Aug 14 16:27:04 CEST 2006

>Today, held messages still have to be approved by the moderator.
>What I propose is to allow posters to self-moderate, simply by
>verifying that their address is real.  This probably means a
>clickable link and (maybe) a header cookie for replying.  Think
>Gmane's auto-moderation approach.
>- -Barry

I do hope this is meant to be an option the list administrator can set if they
want to allow it, not that this would happen for all lists?  We're looking to
have a totally moderated list, with the moderator's ability to edit certain
things out, not change the member's content, but eliminating things like over
quoting, and cleaning up format issues too.  Will that no longer work?

Gail