[Mailman-Developers] suggested improvement for Mailman's bounce processing

Bob Puff bob at nleaudio.com
Tue Aug 8 17:14:22 CEST 2006

I've deliberately not quoted the original message, but Brad is 100% on the
money in his posts.  I see a bunch of bounces that one of my highly-customized
mailman lists get.  At one point, I tried keeping up with just the parsing of
the bounce messages, but soon gave up.  There are too many strange ones, and
ones that give you no clue for the reason of the bounce... some give you no
clue WHO bounced!  I've even seen some that come back from different domains.

Like Brad said, the KISS rule really is a good idea.

Bob